If you are remodeling your kitchen, you are looking for an updated, easy-to-live-in space that is stylish and the proper balance of trendy and timeless. Since we remodel kitchens all over Chicagoland, we know it’s important to keep current with the latest cabinet trends. We’ve rounded up some of our favorites below. Enjoy!
1. Mix finishes and cabinet styles. Everything does not have to be matchy matchy anymore. People are taking chances with mixing cabinet colors, styles, and finishes. You can make the island different from the rest of the kitchen, make the base different from the uppers, or make one wall an “accent” to the rest of the kitchen. Mix dark with light, traditional with contemporary, or wood tone with colors. This choice will make your kitchen one-of-a-kind, adventurous, and stylish.
2. Go extreme: Use dark colors or white. A lot of people are choosing to go extreme on the grayscale with cabinets—either choosing dark colors like chocolate and espresso, or going to the other end of the scale, with white or just off-white. And if a full dark or white finish is too overwhelming, consider pairing it with another color, following the suggestion from number 1.
3. Go traditional. Of course, many homeowners are still following the well-loved, classic standbys. The National Kitchen and Bath Association reports that Cherry is the most popular wood, followed by Maple. These are good options if you want a look that will last!
4. Create incredible function. Cabinets from all of our brands offer amazing functionality, so your kitchen works for you. From the most basic idea, like plate separators and spice drawers to the more avant-garde, like freezer drawers, your cabinets can offer surprising, life-changing help when it comes to an organized kitchen.
5. Hide the appliances. We can work with you to build a totally seamless design that blends your cabinets with your appliances. We can add cabinet doors to appliances, or build cabinets that house them.
6. Break from the wall-to-wall. When every wall is covered with cabinets, it can be overwhelming. Add some glass doors, or even consider including alternate cabinet storage like shelves without doors in some places. This allows you to add an accent of color on the wall behind, or some interest with what you store on the shelves.
And these are just a few of the trends we see in cabinet design lately. Come in to meet with one of our designers to talk about interesting and exciting touches you can add to your kitchen remodel! Make an appointment now.
You know you might be ready to remodel your kitchen when the idea starts...