The first Seigle’s Center (Elgin Lumber Company) was established in 1881 by a group of prominent Elgin businessmen led by the Borden dairy family who recognized the need for a well-supplied lumber yard in our expanding community.
Over a century later, our family owned company was listed as one of the top 50 building materials dealers nationwide. No other supplier in the Chicago market rivaled the scope and breadth of Seigle’s. Our product offering of lumber, trusses, doors, trim, windows, and cabinets commanded the loyal following of over 2,000 contractors; from professional remodelers to production homebuilders.
In 2005, Seigle’s was acquired by Stock Building Supply becoming part of the nation’s largest building material dealer. In light of market conditions, Stock exited the market. Coincident with the closure, in 2009 Mark Seigle and his family reacquired the cabinetry operation and today we are the largest distributor of kitchen and bath cabinetry and countertops in the Chicago market.