Quartz countertops have been all the rage lately, and we get a lot of customers who are remodeling kitchens or bathrooms who wonder why. What’s so great about quartz? This stone material, made using 90 percent-plus natural ground quartz and the rest polymer resins offers a lot of perks to homeowners.
Here are just a few:
1. Rich color options. Quartz offers a huge range of color and pattern options, so you can design your kitchen exactly as you want it. It can even mimic the look of other stones, like granite.
2. Control in design. Because Quartz is manufactured rather than coming as a completed slab (like granite), you can choose a color or pattern and know exactly what you’ll be getting. Consider your cabinets, your color scheme, and pick the perfect complimentary look and the job is done.
3. Low maintenance. Quartz countertops just need to be cleaned with a mild soap and water or a household cleaner. No resealing necessary since quartz is a solid material.
4. Hygienic. Your countertops won’t absorb germs or bacteria! Quartz is non-porous, so it does not allow microscopic elements to get through. When properly cleaned, quartz doesn’t support the growth of mold or mildew.
5. Durable. Your quartz countertops are made of one of the hardest minerals on earth, which is scratch resistant. (Do be careful with heat, though, as excessive heat can damage quartz countertops.)
Make an appointment to visit your nearest Seigle’s today to get started designing your kitchen or bathroom!